Skip to main content
Georg, Christy. USA. 2002 - 2003.
- Found on compilation title:
- Aspect: Volume 1: Artists of the Boston Cyberarts Festival
- Georg, Christy
- 2002 - 2003
- DVD - Region 1.   viewing copy.
Short.   4 minutes.   color.
- Experimental / Avant Garde
- Sound installation: A scientific instrument slowly drips water into a glass, which periodically spins to be "played" by a cork-tipped player arm. Concurrently, a small hammer strikes a tuning fork, indicating the aural goal. Again and again, as the glass fills with water, it alters its pitch closer to that of the tuning fork. Its struggle is in the attempt to attain perfect pitch, which once attained, is fleeting. Supplemental features include: audio commentary by Roland Smart, artist bio and commentator bio. Additional content available online.