Skip to main content
Norman McLaren: The Master Edition, 06
McLaren, Norman. Canada. various.
- Norman McLaren: The Master Edition, 06
- McLaren, Norman
- Production Co:
- National Film Board of Canada
- National Film Board of Canada; Image Entertainment, 2006
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region free.   viewing copy.
Compilation.   sound - Dolby digital monaural.   fullscreen
- English with optional French subtitles
- Experimental / Avant Garde; Animation
- Disc 6 of 7-disc box set. Contains:
LE MERLE (1958, 4 minutes);
DANS UN PETIT BOIS (1940s, 2 minutes);
RYTHMETIC (1956, 9 minutes);
1-2-3 (1955, 4 minutes);
ALOUETTE (1944, 2 minutes);
SPHERES (1969, 7 minutes);
A SUMMER DAY IN OTTOWA IN 1949... (1949, 5 minutes)
Supplementary features include: short featurettes on “Paper Cut-Outs” and “René Jodoin”; segment from “Experimental FIlm” (Arthur Lipsett, 1961) on McLaren; short documentary MCLAREN ON MCLAREN (1983, 8 minutes); BBC documentary THE EYE HEARS, THE EAR SEES (1970, 59 minutes); outtakes and test footage; booklet with essays, index to films, and restoration information.