Skip to main content
History And Memory: For Akiko and Takashige
Tajiri, Rea. USA. 1991.
- History And Memory: For Akiko and Takashige
- Tajiri, Rea
- Electronic Art Intermix; Women Make Movies
- 1 videocassette of 1.   3/4", NTSC.   submaster.
Short.   32 minutes.   color and b/w.
sound - stereo.
- Documentary; Video Production
- This moving exploration of personal and cultural memory juxtaposes Hollywood images of Japanese Americans and World War II propaganda with stories from the videomaker’s family. Ruminating on the difficult nature of representing the past, the artist blends interviews, memorabilia, a pilgrimage to the camp where her mother was interned, and the story of her father, who had been drafted pre-Pearl Harbor and returned to find his family’s house removed from its site. [WMM website].
- Link to:
- FII catalog |
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- Use restricted to event screening. See alternate record for access copy.