Skip to main content
Maas, Willard; Moore, Ben. USA. 1956.
- Maas, Willard; Moore, Ben
- in house, 2006
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region free.   reference copy.
Short.   48 minutes.   b/w.
- Experimental / Avant Garde
- As described by P. Adams Sitney, Narcissus (Ben Moore) "wanders in desolation through an outdoor corridor formed by two rows of busts of the Roman emperors." Narcissus finds his reflection in a pool, and later in a series of three mirrors which reflect the two different aspects of his sexual identity and "love that insures one a place in the present and history," according to director Willard Maas. Narcissus was Willard Maas' most ambitious project, and probably the first feature-length underground film made in the United States to be shown to the public.
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- For onsite reference viewing only.