Skip to main content
Zarevac, Dragana. Serbia. .
- Found on compilation title:
- New Video, New Europe: Programs 1-2
- Zarevac, Dragana
- DVD - Region free.   viewing copy.
Short.   11 minutes..   color.
- Serbian with English subtitles.
- Experimental / Avant Garde; Video Production; Performance
- Sound. In Serbian with English subtitles. From the Renaissance Society description: The city of Mostar on the Neretva River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, exemplifies the deep layering of cultures that is the Bakans, from its late Roman roots to its Ottoman flourishings. Running through the city, the Neretva served as an historic divide with Muslims to the east and Croats to the west. It became one of the more symbolic battlegrounds of the 1992-5 civil war in Yugoslavia when, in November of 1993, the world watched in horror as Bosnian Croats turned their artillery on Mostar’s spectacular 16th century Ottoman bridge, destroying it completely. Instead of documenting the architectural restoration efforts that began in 1997 Zarevac has chosen to survey the state of Mostar’s psychological healing through brief interviews with several of its spirited residents.”