Skip to main content
Zinnemann, Fred; Gómez Muriel, Emilio. Mexico. 1936.
- Alternate Title:
- The Wave
- Zinnemann, Fred; Gómez Muriel, Emilio
- Production Co:
- Mexican Dept. of Fine Arts Carlos Chavez
- Criterion Collection, 2013
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region 1.   viewing copy.
Feature.   61 minutes.   b/w.
sound - Dolby digital monaural.   fullscreen
- Spanish with optional English subtitles
- Cinematography by Paul Strand. Story of the difficulties in the lives of fishermen on the Gulf of Vera Cruz. Played by the natives of Alvarado, Mexico. Supplemental features include: introduction by Martin Scorsese (2013, 2 min); visual essay on the film (Kent Jones, 2013, 8 min). Part of the set “Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project No. 1” (DVD004855 - DVD004863). Essay booklet available from checkout.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |