Skip to main content
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Fleischer, Richard. USA. 1954.
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Alternate Title:
- Jules Verne’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Fleischer, Richard
- Production Co:
- Walt Disney Productions
- 2 videodiscs of 2.   DVD - Region 1.   viewing copy.
Feature.   127 minutes.   color.
sound - 5.1 Dolby surround.   widescreen
- Children's Works; Action Adventure
- Special edition DVD. Based on the novel “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” by Jules Verne. Stars Kirk Douglas & James Mason. Professor Arronax and his faithful assistant Ned agree to sail through the dangerous waters of the South Seas where a sea monster is rumored to be destroying ships. There he finds something more mysterious even than a sea monster: a fabulous underwater ship piloted by the unfathomable Captain Nemo. Supplemental features include: audio commentary by Fleischer & Rudy Behlmer (film historian); GRAND CANYONSCOPE (C. August Nichols, 1954, 7 min). All subsequent features on Disc 2: “Sunset Squid” sequence (3 min); production stills montage (3 min); storyboard to scene comparisons (7 min); MONSTERS OF THE DEEP [EXCERPT] (1955, 7 min); unused animation (3 min); behind-the-scenes footage (9 min); radio spots; Peter Lorre’s ADR (voiceover) tracks (6 min); Captain Nemo’s organ music (5 min); featurettes on Paul Smith (composer) (11 min), The Nautilus (5 min), merchandise (9 min), “making of” (2003, 88 min), Verne & Disney (16 min), The Humboldt Squid (7 min), Disney studios 1954; production stills; production art; cast & crew biographies; advertising; production documents; script excerpt; theatrical trailer.
- Link to:
- FII catalog | AFI catalog