Skip to main content
Radical Closure, Program 3: At the Border
van Brummelen, Lonnie; de Haan, Siebren; Mograbi, Avi; Waked, Sharif; Zaatari, Akram. Netherlands; Cyprus; Israel; Lebanon; Palestinian Territories. 2003 - 2005.
- Radical Closure, Program 3: At the Border
- van Brummelen, Lonnie; de Haan, Siebren; Mograbi, Avi; Waked, Sharif; Zaatari, Akram
- Netherlands; Cyprus; Israel; Lebanon; Palestinian Territories
- 2003 - 2005
- Video Data Bank (VDB), 2010
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region 1.   reference copy.
Compilation.   59 minutes.   color and b/w.
- Arabic and English with English subtitles
- Experimental / Avant Garde; War; Documentary; Satire
- Curated by Lebanese video artist Akram Zaatari, and originally presented by the Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Radical Closure features works produced in response to situations of physical or ideological closure resulting from war and territorial conflicts. The program looks at what is known as the Middle East, and how the moving image has functioned throughout its history, charged with division, political tension, and mobilization. This program looks at border situations Disc 3 of 5. All films, or entire program, can be looped. Includes: BORDERS OF EUROPE (GROSSRAUM) (Lonnie van Brummelen & Siebren de Haan, 2005, 14 min); DETAIL (Avi Mograbi, 2004, 8 min); CHIC POINT: FASHION FOR ISRAELI CHECKPOINTS (Sharif Waked, 2003, 7 min); IN THIS HOUSE (Akram Zaatari, 2005, 30 min). Essay booklet available from checkout.
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- For onsite reference viewing only.