Skip to main content
Kluge, Alexander. Germany. 1994 - 2007.
- 80,000 Operas!
- Alternate Title:
- 80 000 Opern!
- Found on compilation title:
- Alexander Kluge Seen Sind für Fische Inseln, Disc 11
- Kluge, Alexander
- Production Co:
- 1994 - 2007
- DVD - Region free.   viewing copy.
Short.   33 minutes.   color.
- German with optional English, Russian, Chinese, French, Portuguese or Spanish subtitles
- Experimental / Avant Garde; Television Production; Documentary; Opera; Interview
- With Robert Schulz, August Everding, Beate Mainka-Jellinghaus, Joachim Kaiser, Lothar Zagrosek, Annette Elster, Alexander Kluge - First aired in 1994-2007, dctp on RTL and SAT 1 - All the operas put together (and there are a total of 80,000 in the history of opera) form one single score. They accompany the past 400 years of today's society like a mirror. The most modern operas provide the most powerful reply to the earliest ones. As if time didn't pass. With passages from Orpheus and The Coronation of Poppea (Monteverdi) and from operas by LuigiNono, Wolfgang Rihm, and Helmut Lachenmann.