Skip to main content
In This House
Zaatari, Akram. Lebanon. 2005.
- In This House
- Found on compilation title:
- Radical Closure, Program 3: At the Border
- Zaatari, Akram
- DVD - Region 1.   reference copy.
Short.   30 minutes.   color.
- Arabic and English with English subtitles
- Experimental / Avant Garde; War; Documentary
- Following the Israeli withdrawal from Ain el Mir in 1985, the village became the frontline. The Dagher family was displaced from their home, which was occupied by a radical resistance group for seven years. When the war ended in 1991, Ali Hashisho, a member of the Lebanese resistance stationed in the Dagher family house, wrote a letter to them justifying his occupation there, and welcoming them back home. He placed the letter inside the empty case of a B-10, 82mm mortar, and buried it in the garden. In November 2002, Akram Zaatari headed to Ain el Mir to excavate Ali's letter.
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- For onsite reference viewing only.