Skip to main content
- Loan Terms:
New Yorker Video, 2004
- Taking Sides
- Szabo, Istvan
- Production Co:
- Little Big Bear Film; Jeremy Isaacs Productions; TwanPix; Satel Femseh und Productionsges; Bayerischer Rundfunk; France 2 Cinema; Canal+; Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk; Filmboard Berlin/Brandenburg; Filmforderungsanstalt; Eurimages; Maecenas; MBP
- 1/2 in., VHS, NTSC.   viewing copy.   1 videocassette of 1.
Feature.   105 minutes.   color.
- Germany, France, United Kingdom, Austria
- New Yorker Video, 2004
- Drama - Historical, Biography
- Sound. In English. Written by Ronald Harwood. With Harvey Keitel, Stellan Skarsgard.
The story of conductor Wilhelm Furtwangler, who chose to stay in Germany during the Third Reich. Though never a member of the Nazi party, Furtwangler was the recipient of government honors and appointments, but used his position to save Jewish musicians from concentration camps. As an American soldier conducts pre-trial investigations against the conductor, he aims to prove that Furtwangler contributed to the Nazi propaganda machine.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |