The catalog contains listings for the entire collection of media materials held by the Film Studies Center: BluRay & DVD discs; 35mm, 16mm, and small gauge film prints; videotape formats; and laserdiscs.
- Study collection: The Center holds an extensive collection of DVD, Blu-Ray discs, and VHS video formats. A number of legacy formats (laserdisc and tape formats) are stored by the Center and can be accessed on request.
- Film prints: 35mm and 16mm film prints do not circulate and are used for cinema studies courses.
- The collection is primarily non-circulating so that it is always available for on-site use by students, faculty, and staff of the University of Chicago. Two small screening rooms, equipped with widescreen monitors and international standard Bluray and VHS decks, are available for use by our patrons.
- Faculty may check out most FSC materials for classroom use.
- Titles with a designated ON RESERVE status are for use only within the FSC facility.
- Please see the Center's Access and Loan policy for specific borrower information.