Skip to main content
Flaherty, Robert. United Kingdom. 1931.
- Industrial Britain
- Found on compilation title:
- Land of Promise: The British Documentary Movement 1930 - 1950
- Flaherty, Robert
- Production Co:
- Empire Marketing Board Film Unit; Gaumont-British Picture Corporation
- United Kingdom
- DVD - Region 2.   viewing copy.
Short.   20 minutes.   b/w.
sound - Dolby digital monaural.   fullscreen
- On Disc 1. A survey of industry in Britain emphasising the importance of craftsmanship. The arts and crafts that preceded the industrial revolution which depended on coal mined a mile below the surface. Glass blowing and glass being made for domestic and industrial use. In a steel foundry molten pig iron is poured into moulds. Erection of steel work for a new hotel in Marble Arch, London. Testing steel for use in aeroplane engines; the skill of craftsmen in machining. Goods being sent overseas on ships; these goods represent the work of thousands of skilled British workers.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |