Skip to main content
Radical Closure, Program 1: The Captives
Raad, Walid; Messeeh, Namir Abdel; Sharett, Nurit; Ben-Ner, Guy. Lebanon; USA; Egypt; Israel. 2000 - 2005.
- Radical Closure, Program 1: The Captives
- Raad, Walid; Messeeh, Namir Abdel; Sharett, Nurit; Ben-Ner, Guy
- Lebanon; USA; Egypt; Israel
- 2000 - 2005
- Video Data Bank (VDB), 2010
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region 1.   reference copy.
Compilation.   89 minutes.   color and b/w.
- English with English subtitles
- Experimental / Avant Garde; War; Documentary; Interview
- Curated by Lebanese video artist Akram Zaatari, and originally presented by the Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Radical Closure features works produced in response to situations of physical or ideological closure resulting from war and territorial conflicts. The program looks at what is known as the Middle East, and how the moving image has functioned throughout its history, charged with division, political tension, and mobilization. This first program deals with stories of captivity. Disc 1 of 5. All films, or entire program, can be looped. Includes: HOSTAGE: THE BACHAR TAPES [ENGLISH VERSION] (Walid Raad, 2000, 16 min); YOU, WAGUIH (TOI WAGUIH) (Namir Abdel Messeeh, 2005, 28 min); WINTER AT LAST (Nurit Sharett, 2005, 22 min); HOUSE HOLD (Guy Ben-Ner, 2001, 23 min). Essay booklet available from checkout.
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- For onsite reference viewing only.