Skip to main content
Radical Closure, Program 5: The Trace That Remains
Steele, Lisa; Antar, Ziad; Hatoum, Mona; Mroué, Rabih; Meltzer, Julia; Thorne, David. Canada; Lebanon; United Kingdom; Syria; USA. 1974 - 2007.
- Radical Closure, Program 5: The Trace That Remains
- Steele, Lisa; Antar, Ziad; Hatoum, Mona; Mroué, Rabih; Meltzer, Julia; Thorne, David
- Canada; Lebanon; United Kingdom; Syria; USA
- 1974 - 2007
- Video Data Bank (VDB), 2010
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region 1.   reference copy.
Compilation.   64 minutes.   color and b/w.
- English with English subtitles
- Experimental / Avant Garde; Documentary
- Curated by Lebanese video artist Akram Zaatari, and originally presented by the Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, Radical Closure features works produced in response to situations of physical or ideological closure resulting from war and territorial conflicts. The program looks at what is known as the Middle East, and how the moving image has functioned throughout its history, charged with division, political tension, and mobilization. How useful is personal testimony to History? Disc 5 of 5. All films, or entire program, can be looped. Includes: BIRTHDAY SUIT WITH SCARS AND DEFECTS (Lisa Steele, 1974, 13 min); SAFE SOUND (Ziad Antar, 2006, 9 min); MEASURES OF DISTANCE (Mona Hatoum, 1988, 15 min); FACE A / FACE B (Rabih Mroué, 2002, 10 min); TAKE INTO THE AIR MY QUIET BREATH (Julia Meltzer & David Thorne, 2007, 16 min). Essay booklet available from checkout.
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- For onsite reference viewing only.