Skip to main content
Collected Films Of Takahiko Iimura, The: No. 1
Iimura, Takahiko. USA; Japan. 1963 - 1993.
- Collected Films Of Takahiko Iimura, The: No. 1
- Iimura, Takahiko
- USA; Japan
- 1963 - 1993
- Microcinema International, 2008
- 1 videodisc of 1.   DVD - Region free.   viewing copy.
Compilation.   71 minutes.   color and b/w.
- Experimental / Avant Garde
- A collection of films by Takahiko Iimura (sometimes credited as “Taka Iimura”), a Japanese experimental filmmaker whose work began in his home country, influenced by reports of Western experimental film that had not yet shown in Japan. He later immigrated to New York City, where his formal and conceptual film experiments placed him at the forefront of American avant-garde filmmaking. Includes: ONAN (1963, 7 minutes); WHITE CALLIGRAPHY (1967, 11 minutes); AIUEONN SIX FEATURES (1993, 7 minutes); FACE (1968-1969, 17 minutes); FILMMAKERS (1969, 28 minutes).