Skip to main content
Canoa: A Shameful Memory
Cazals, Felipe. Mexico. 1976.
- Canoa: A Shameful Memory
- Cazals, Felipe
- Production Co:
- Conacine; Sindicato de Trabajadores de la Producción Cinemat
- The Criterion Collection, 2017
- 1 videodisc of 1.   BluRay - Zone A.   viewing copy.
Feature.   115 minutes.   color.
sound - monaural.   widescreen
- Spanish language with English subtitles
- Drama - Historical
- 4k digital transfer. Based on a true incident in Mexico in 1968. Five young university workers go on a camping trip to the mountains near the town of San Miguel de Canoa which is ruled by a priest who preaches anti-communism. The towns people suspect them of being communist and their ignorance and hatred ignites into extreme violence against the strangers.
Supplemental materials include: intro by Guillermo del Toro; conversation between Alfonso Cuarón and director Cazals; essay booklet.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |