Skip to main content
Double Life of Veronique, The
Kieslowski, Krzysztof. France, Poland, Norway. 1991.
- Double Life of Veronique, The
- Alternate Title:
- La Double Vie de Véronique; Podwojne Zycie Weroniki
- Kieslowski, Krzysztof
- Production Co:
- Sideral Productions; Le Studio Canal+
- France, Poland, Norway
- The Criterion Collection, 2010
- 1 videodisc of 1.   BluRay - Zone A.   viewing copy.
Feature.   97 minutes.   color.
sound - DTS-HD Master Audio.   widescreen
- Polish and French languages with English subtitles
- Irène Jacob plays dual roles as Weronika, a Polish choir soprano, and her double, Véronique, a French music teacher, in a ravishing, mysterious rumination on identity, love and human intuition.
Restored high-definition transfer. Supplemental materials include: US ending; audio commentary by Annette Insdorf; interviews with Jacob, cinematographer Slawomir Idziak, and composer Zbigniew Preisner; documentaries KIESLOWSKI - DIALOGUE (Elizabeth Ayre & Ruben Korenfeld, 1991, color, sound, 52 minutes), KIESLOWSKI, POLISH FILMMAKER (Luc Lagier, 2005, color, sound, French w/ Eng. subtitles, 31 minutes); short films by Kieslowski: THE FACTORY (1970, b/w, sound, 18 minutes), HOSPITAL (1976, b/w, sound, 21 minutes), RAILWAY STATION (1980, b/w, sound, 13 minutes); THE MUSICIANS (Kazimierz Karabasz, 1958, b/w, sound, 10 minutes); essay booklet.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |