Skip to main content
Hiroshima Mon Amour
Resnais, Alain. France. 1959.
- Hiroshima Mon Amour
- Resnais, Alain
- Production Co:
- Argos-Films; Como Films; Daiei Kyoto; Pathe Overseas
- The Criterion Collection, 2015
- 1 videodisc of 1, booklet.   BluRay - Zone A.   viewing copy.
Feature.   90 minutes.   b/w.
sound - monaural.   fullscreen
- French with English subtitles
- 4K digital restoration with uncompressed monaural soundtrack.
A cornerstone of the French New Wave, the first feature from Alain Resnais. A French actress (Emmanuelle Riva) and a Japanese architect (Eiji Okada) engage in a brief, intense affair in postwar Hiroshima, their consuming mutual fascination impelling them to exorcise their own scarred memories of love and suffering. Academy Award-nominated screenplay by novelist Maguerite Duras. Supplemental features include: audio commentary by film historian Peter Cowie; interviews with director Resnais and actress Riva; interview with film scholar François Thomas, music scholar Tim Page. Includes booklet with essay by Kent Jones and excerpts from a 1959 Cahiers du cinema roundtable film discussion.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |