Skip to main content
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- FSC film prints do not circulate.
- Loan Terms:
- On Reserve
- Early Abstractions
- Smith, Harry
- 16mm.   release print.   1 film reel of 1.
Compilation.   23 minutes.   color.
1.33:1.   sound - optical track.   24 fps
- Film Grade:
- 1939 - 1946 [?]
- Experimental / Avant Garde
- Sound. Soft image. Appears to be some fade. Minimal gate scratch, with most scratch printed in. Moderate to extreme shrink. Smith characterizes his output in four stages: 1) batiked abstractions made directly on film between 1939 and 1946; 2) optically printed non-objective studies composed around 1950; 3) semi-realistic animated collages made as part of alchemical labors of 1957 to 1962; 4) chronological superimposed photographs of actualities formed since 1962. (Film-Makers' Cooperative Catalogue No. 7 ).