Skip to main content
- Loan Terms:
Madmen Entertainment, 2008
- Wrong Move
- Alternate Title:
- Falsche Bewegung; Wrong Movement
- Wenders, Wim
- Production Co:
- Solaris Film; WDR - Westdeutscher Rundfunk; Peter Genée-Bernd Eichinger OHG
- DVD - Region 4.   viewing copy.   1 videodisc of 1.
Feature.   99 minutes.   color.
widescreen.   sound - 5.1 Dolby surround.
- Germany [West]
- Madmen Entertainment, 2008
- German with optional English subtitles
- Drama, Road Movie
- PAL format. “The Wrong Move” is also a sort of road movie. It’s a loose adaptation of Goethe’s 1795 novel “Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship,” about a young man who leaves his mother’s house and travels through Germany with an improvised group of wanderers, passing from the rural to the urban, from the horrors of recent history to the gleaming comforts of the new reconstruction, and from radical gestures to political reaction. - The New Yorker. Second part of the “road trilogy” preceded by ALICE IN THE CITIES (1973) and followed by KINGS OF THE ROAD (1976). Based on Goethe’s ‘Wilhelm Meister’s Apprenticeship’.’ Supplemental features include: audio commentary by Wim Wenders; on set Super-8 footage (4 min, color).
- Link to:
- FII catalog |