Skip to main content
- Loan Terms:
Madmen Entertainment, 2008
- Wenders, Wim
- Production Co:
- Wim Wenders Filmproduktion; Gray City; Chris Sievernich Filmproduktion; WDR - Westdeutscher Rundfunk
- DVD - Region 4.   viewing copy.   1 videodisc of 1.
Feature.   91 minutes.   color and b/w.
fullscreen.   sound - 5.1 Dolby surround.
- Germany [West], USA
- Madmen Entertainment, 2008
- English, German and Japanese with optional English subtitles
- PAL format. ''Tokyo-Ga'' is the record of a trip Mr. Wenders made to Japan in the spring of 1983, seeking to learn whether anything remains of the world that Ozu chronicled in his 54 films, including ''Tokyo Story,'' which, to many critics, is the summation of Ozu's work. Mr. Wenders, in voice-over narration, is especially eloquent in describing the Ozu method. With ''extreme economy of means,'' Mr. Wenders says, and reducing cinema to its ''bare essentials,'' meaning a fixed camera, Ozu gave us a vision of the decline of the Japanese family and, with it, the decline of a national identity. - The NY Times.
Supplemental features include: audio commentary by Wim Wenders; deleted scenes.
- Link to:
- FII catalog |