Skip to main content
- Restriction on viewing / access:
- FSC film prints do not circulate.
- Loan Terms:
- On Reserve
Murnau, F. W.
- Alternate Title:
- Tabu: A Story of the South Seas
- Murnau, F. W.
- Production Co:
- Golden Bough, Inc.
- 16mm.   release print.   2 film reels of 2.
Feature.   79 minutes.   b/w.
1.33:1.   sound - optical track.   24 fps
- Film Grade:
- Drama, Silent Cinema
- Good tonal range, mod. to ext. scratch , overall good contrast. Some printed gate scratch and negative rain. Film itself is in good physical condition. Low splice count.
Script by Murnau and Robert Flaherty. Filmed in Tahiti and Bora-Bora, 1928-29, story of the consecration of a maiden to the gods, who is, as a result forbidden to all men.
- Link to:
- FII catalog | AFI catalog