- Friday, November 1, 2013, 7:00pm - 7:00pm
Media artist Lori Felker presents a selection of short works that revolve around ideas of fluidity and the combining of streams of consciousness that lead to collaboration, connection and inspiration. Included are the Broken News series as well as work by recent collaborators and Felker's latest work-in-progress.
- Broken News: Disaster (2012, video, 5min)
- The Cons Competition (Michael Lopez, 2013, video, 13min)
- Remote (Jesse McLean, 2011, video, 11min)
- Broken News: Drama (2012, video, 7min)
- Imperceptihole (Lori Felker & Robert Todd, 2010, 16mm, 14min)
- Broken News: Conspiracy (2012, video, 8min)
- Excerpt from Future Language (work-in-progress, ~15min)
Q&A with the filmmaker to follow.
Lori Felker is an artist and filmmaker whose work focuses on the ways in which we process, share, and disseminate information, via screens, dreams, gestures, games, and dialog. By employing and pushing these structures, she attempts to study the ineloquent, oppositional, delusional, frustrating, and chaotic qualities of human interaction. Felker works in a variety of mediums and has shown her work internationally at festivals and spaces including the Rotterdam International Film Festival; NYFF: Views from the Avant-Garde; VideoEx, Zurich; Ann Arbor Film Festival; Festival du Nouveau Cinema, Montreal; Curtas Vila do Conde Film Festival, Portugal; Glass Curtain Gallery, Chicago; LA Filmforum; BAMcinemaFest, Brooklyn; Space Gallery, Pittsburgh. She is an Illinois Arts Council Artists Grant recipient, a Wexner Center Artist in Residence and a Fulbright Fellow. She is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois Chicago.
Image of Lori Felker from Jesse McLean's Trust Falls, shot by Mike Gibisser, .gif/addition of birds by Pizza Dog (http://pizzadog.org/fb/lori.gif).