Curricular Support

The Film Studies Center provides curricular support primarily for cinema courses and those cross-listed through the Department of Cinema and Media Studies.

Teaching at the FSC

  • Since the FSC primarily supports cinema courses, faculty or department coordinators wishing to schedule a class at the FSC should first contact the CMS Program Coordinator to request a course cross-listing.
  • Cross-listed courses can receive classroom space at the Center and scheduled screenings staffed by FSC projectionists.  Course material support may be provided, depending on the class, in the form of film rentals and/or purchase of supplemental viewing materials.

General Support

Creating course reserves  

  • Any UC Faculty may request that FSC titles be placed on 'non-circulating' status for the duration of an academic quarter.  Placing materials on 'non-circulating' guarantees that the material will be kept on site, available for students to view.   Requests should be made at the circulation desk in C306, by phone or in person.
  • Personally owned tapes and discs can be placed on reserve for students to view on site.

Viewing films

  •  Faculty may send students on an individual basis to watch films in the Center's viewing room,  located in Cobb Hall, room C306.  All students and faculty are welcome at any time to use the viewing room for curricular or independent study. 
  • Please do not send groups to the Center as the viewing room, designed for individual use, cannot accommodate them.